Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2007

An excercise in realism


I took a photo of Jo and Jessica, because, Jess, looked so cute, and I thought, she would make the perfect tot in my yummy mummy series. But, I just had an impulse to paint it how it is, before, I escape with her in my imagination. Do I like what I've painted? Well, I like how I have been able to capture her looking like she can't sit still, and I like how I've captured Jo. Her personality is so spontaneous and warm, I think it shows, and she clearly adores motherhood. I had fun.

4 comments:

Jac said...

Wow Auntie Wendi!!!! You are one very clever woman!! Jo will absolutely love it - So do I! Love Jac

Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

What a beautiful painting, you have definitely captured her "can't sit still" attitude, Well Done:)

Michelle

Belinda Lindhardt said...

Oooooh this is beautiful Wendy.
This is my first time at your blog.
Love all your work i will be watching :)

Wendi. S. said...

I'm humbled, thanks all !!I am trying to be brave and stick solely to my contemporary pieces. So, dont get me wrong it does heaps for my confidence, getting comments about my realism pieces, But a very wise friend has told me to follow my heart. I suppose I will know when Ive touched base when people comment on my yummy mummies.