Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2007

Yummy Mummy- multi tasking


Well, this is my favorite of all- so far. I was driving along and all of a sudden, I my eyes drifted to this sight, and I laughed to myself, and thought I wish I had a camera. The image stayed with me, so I came home and did a little sketch and it worked. So out came the big sketch book and I elaborated. By now, my mind is flitting from one image to another and I was just itching to start. So I locked myself off from the world for the weekend and "played" But, I surprised myself. I planned it. I wanted movement. I wanted your eye to rove all over it. I wanted your eye to follow from the dogs tail thru the babies dress up to the mummies hair. But most of all, I planned for you to feel as carefree when you look at her, as she actualy looks. How Did I do ???

3 comments:

Lady Chaos said...

"I want people to look at it and be enchanted." Success!!

Wow... wow... that's all I can say.
Your work is AMAZING!
I especially like this recent one, the colours are so vibrant and eye-catching, but the others are good too, all bright and hitting that perfectly balanced note between almost cartoon and real... "yummy mummies"... XD That's a cool topic for pictures. I'll bet a lot of people want to buy them!

My art is nowhere near as good as yours, but if you want to take a look, it's here:
http://elftown.lysator.liu.se/wiki.html?name=The%20Chaos%20Collection

And I draw a few (really bad) comics in microsoft paint... hope they're not too tasteless!
http://elftown.lysator.liu.se/wiki.html?name=Chaotic%20Comics

Thanks for giving me the address to your blog... your art is really, really good and I'll keep checking back, I can't wait to see more :)

A Reason to Paint said...

Hi Wendi,
This is the first time I have visited your blog and I just had to leave a comment. Love your imagination and your yummy mummies and can definitely relate. Keep at it; I am look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Sandy said...

I love your "Yummy Mummies"!You let everyone have fun in your paintings...they are all so happy and content in their lives. I wish I had been a "Yummy Mummy"...So serious... was my role.
Sandy