Search This Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Finished piece, " The school run"


Sometimes when you work on something for so long, it s hard to see the glaring mistakes, and times like that its best to leave well enough alone. I've taken some comments on board about this piece, and I'm happy with the outcome. I've given the dog a face, and put the lead on the other side of his face. I've dropped the foot on the yummy mummy, as it was in line with the teddy and distracting, I've lightened the road going off into the distance, and also the trees. I've put a touch of the sky colour in the trees . The footpath and trees closest to the kids has been darkened. I will crop this picture just above the traffic light, and in line with the waiting cars.
But all in all, I'm happy with it. It conveys the carefree feeling, that I was originally attracted to.

No comments: