Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

THE SLEEPOVER


This is a Work in Progress, and something thats been in the back of my mind for some time. Have been reading a book by the name of " drawing from within"-unleashing your creative potential. And one thing that gave me a bit of a kick start was a chapter which concentrated on artist block, and he virtually says........draw, just draw and draw, and something will happen. Stop waiting for the masterpiece, just draw, so, I called for a bit of inspiration to practice on, and remembered Teone, suggested I paint something relevant for her age group. So Teone if you happen to check this out, its not finished, but its coming along, dont you think. As a drawing excercise, its been fun, because, its not really realism and its not really contemporary.....yet.
Stay tuned

6 comments:

magicmyst said...

hey wendi,
i like it alot.
espeacially the mirror in the background.


Teonee.

perugina said...

Hi Wendi, your post has come at a good time for me! I have not read this book Drawing From Within, the chapter outlining artist’s block seems to give great advice! This is exactly what I am doing at present.. draw, just draw and draw, however i am still waiting for that something to happen.
Boy it’s good to come here and relate!
This is some drawing exercise! WOW! Looks to me yours is happening!!
Ciao

Wendi. S. said...

Hey Teonee with two e's glad you like it.

Perugina, wow, I can relate big time..........nothing is happening. And I do draw and draw, but.....I shall draw some more.

Jez said...

Hiya Wendi! It's lookin good, I like the pose of the female on the left, very natural. You are crazy woman with all those dots! crazy I tell you! They turn out really awesome though - I will stay tuned!

magicmyst said...

Hey Wendi, I agree with Jade. You are one crazy woman. Those dots are enough to turn somebody into a zombie. I don't know how you can do it. Serat eat your heart out!

Wendi. S. said...

Jade and Kay, thanks for the comments. Its nice to know someone is keeping tabs on my work.
The dots are a bit like meditation.